You are here
According to the Data Privacy Act of 2012, it is the policy of the State “to protect the fundamental human right of privacy of communication while ensuring free flow of information to promote innovation and growth.”
Any information the Official RHRC, ARMM site (www.rhrc.armm.gov.ph) will collect from its visitors shall be used primarily to give the site’s editors and administrators an idea of how people use the website, and of what they are looking for.
Should you be required to provide more personal information such as your name and email address for, e.g., subscriptions or correspondence, that information will only be used for that purpose. Information collected from users will not be used for marketing or commercial purposes.
In this Policy, when we use “we”, “us” or “our”, we refer to the agency which is collecting your personal data, or which is operating the website which you are accessing or using.
This Policy applies to all personal data that you may provide to us and the personal data we hold about you. By providing us with your personal data or by accessing, using or viewing the applicable website or any of its services, functions or contents (including transmitting, caching or storing of any such personal data), you shall be deemed to have agreed to each and all the terms, conditions, and notices in this Policy. If you do not agree, please cease use of the relevant website(s) and/or service(s) and DO NOT provide any personal data to us.
1. What personal data is collected
1.1 When you use our website, any service we provide or in your interaction with us, the personal data we may collect includes:-
(a) Data collected directly from you. This may be done through this website, over the phone, by email, or in person when you meet our staff or representatives. The data collected may include, but is not limited to:
• your contact information, including your (first and last) name, (billing and/or delivery) address, birthdate and email address and, optionally, your telephone number. We need your e-mail address and (optionally) telephone number so that we may contact you if we have questions or information for you regarding your order or the service that we are providing or will provide to you;
• other information required to be able to process your order or to provide you with the service, such as information concerning the products you have ordered or the service we are providing to you, the billing and/or delivery address, banking and/or credit card details;
• if you have created an online profile or account, the preferences and interests stored in such profile or account (please see below for further information concerning the profiles); and
• if you have contacted, the details of this contact and the contact history.
(b) Data collected by automated means. Various technologies may be used on our website and our mobile and web-based applications in order to make them more user-friendly, effective and secure. Such technologies may lead to data being collected automatically by us or by third parties on behalf of us. This data does not generally, but may, contain a user’s personal data. Examples of such technologies include:
• Click-stream data. A visit to one of our websites results in data that is transmitted from your browser to our server being automatically collected and stored by us or by third parties on behalf of us. This data can include, in particular, the following:
- the visitor’s IP address
- the date and time of the visit
- the referral URL (the site from which the visitor has come)
- the pages visited on our website
- information about the browser used (browser type and version, operating system, etc).
• Flash cookies. A particular form of cookie is the flash cookie. In contrast to normal cookies, these cookies are not created and saved by the web browser but are governed by the Adobe Flash plug-in. These can contain more information than normal cookies and cannot be deleted or disabled via the browser; this is only possible if you follow instructions available from the Adobe Flash Player website. You can also obtain more information about these cookies on that website.
• Web beacons and tracking links. Web beacons (also known as pixel tags and clear GIFs) involve graphics that are not apparent to the user. Tracking links and/or similar technologies consist of a few lines of programming code and can be embedded in our website or our (mobile) applications. In conjunction with cookies, these are primarily used for statistical analysis purposes. This technology can also be used for tracking traffic patterns on websites, as well as finding out if an e-mail has been received and opened and to see if there has been any response.
2. How we use your information
The information we collect shall be used primarily for the following purposes:
To improve the website: Information such as pages most frequently visited, and technology used to access the website, may help the site handlers determine which aspect of site development or content creation to prioritize. Feedback from user emails may also be used for such purposes.
To send periodic emails: We may use the email address provided by a user to respond to inquiries, questions, and/or other requests. If a user decides to opt in to our mailing list, he or she will be sent emails that may include news, updates, or other information. When addressing inquiries or concerns sent to us through email, our citizens engagement officers may endorse a user’s message, along with his or her information to other government agencies. Should you wish to exempt your information from this practice, please indicate as much in your correspondence.
Links to other websites
3. Links to other websites
Websites other than those listed above may have privacy and user policies that deviate from this one. We encourage you to likewise take the time to read their site policies. Also, for more on this subject, we recommend that you familiarize yourself with the Data Privacy Act of 2012.
4. Third Parties
4.1 This Policy only applies to our website and information that we collect from you. Our websites may contain links to other websites which are not owned or maintained by us. When visiting these third party websites or disclosing your personal data to third parties, you should read their privacy policies, or ask relevant questions before you disclose your personal data, We are not responsible for the collection, use or disclosure of your personal data by such third parties.
5. Social Networks
5.1 Our website and mobile or web-based applications may provide you with social plug-ins from various social networks (such as Facebook and Twitter). If you choose to interact with a social network, your activity on our website or via our mobile or web-based applications will also be made available to social networks such as Facebook and Twitter.
5.2 If you are logged in on one of the social networks during the visit of one of our websites or mobile or web-based applications, the social network might add this information to your profile. If you are interacting with one of the social plug-ins, this information will be transferred to the social network. In case you do not wish such a data transfer, please log off on your social network before you enter one of our websites or mobile or web-based applications.
5.3 We cannot influence this data collection and data transfer via the social plug-ins. Please read the privacy policies of those social networks for detailed information about the collection and transfer of personal data, what rights you have and how you can achieve satisfactory privacy settings.
6.1 We endeavor to take precautions to ensure that the information you have provided is protected against unauthorised or unintended use, access or disclosure. However, we cannot be held responsible for unauthorised or unintended use, access or disclosure that is beyond our control.
7.1 TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, WE SHALL NOT BE LIABLE IN ANY EVENT FOR ANY SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND OR FOR ANY LOSS OF REPUTATION OR GOODWILL, WHETHER BASED IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), EQUITY, STRICT LIABILITY, STATUTE OR OTHERWISE, SUFFERED AS A RESULT OF UNAUTHORISED OR UNINTENDED USE, ACCESS OR DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA.
8. Changes to this Policy
8.1 We may amend this Policy from time to time. The amended Policy will be publicized on our website.
9. Your Rights
9.1 If you have any questions about the processing of your personal data or about our Policy, if you do not accept the amended Policy, if you wish to withdraw any consent you have given us at any time, or if you wish to update or have access to your personal data, you are welcome to contact us. The contact details are:
Attention to : Regional Human Rights Commission, ARMM
E-mail : email@example.com
Telephone number : 064-552-0802
Mail : RHRC, ARMM 1F JICA Building, ORG Compound, Cotabato City